1. The undersigned party (parent/guardian of student) will hold the South Bay Chinese School of Language and Culture (hereinafter known as ‘School’) harmless from all liability from loss, damage, or injury to persons or property in any manner arising out of any incident while attending School and/or School sponsored activities, including without limitation all consequential damages, whether or not resulted from the negligence of School or its agents.
2. Should any controversy between the parties hereto involving the rights and obligations arising under the terms of the attendance at School and the School’s activities, shall on written request of one party served on the other be submitted to arbitration, and such arbitration shall comply with and be governed by the provisions of the California Arbitration Act, Section 1280 through 1294.2 of the California Code of Civil Procedure.
3. The parties shall each appoint one person to hear and determine the dispute and to mediate a settlement. If they shall be unable to agree, then the two persons so chosen shall select a third impartial arbitrator whose decision shall be final and conclusive upon both parties hereto. The cost of such arbitration shall be borne by the losing party or in such proportions as the arbitrator shall decide.
4. If indemnification of loss of any controversy is covered by any existing insurance policy(ies) of the injured party, only amounts over and above the coverage of such existing insurance policy(ies) are to be submitted to arbitration.
5. The undersigned hereby authorizes the School to seek emergency medical care should his/her child(ren), the student(s), become(s) ill or injured while at School or during School sponsored activities. The School will hold this authorization effective until notified otherwise in writing. The undersigned will not hold the School, its staff or faculty liable for medical care rendered and will be responsible for all medical expenses incurred. The undersigned hereby waiving all claims against the School for illness, accident, injury, or death occurring during the School activities.
6. The undersigned may be banned from the school campus without warning if he/she violates the Code of Conduct of the School.
7. The undersigned allows the School to use his/her child(ren)’s photograph(s) or electronic likeness in materials in furtherance of the promotion of the School.
8. This agreement remains effective for the duration of school year listed above.
9. It is parents’ responsibility to inform the school of students’ allergies and emergency measures.
When a student commits any of the above individual behavioral offenses, the following action may be taken:
a) Warning, advice, or counseling will be given by the staff or the School administrators.
b) A written notice will be sent to the parents.
c) If any commission of the above offenses is determined by the School to be a serious violation, it may result in immediate suspension or expulsion.
d) The School reserves the right to suspend or expel without warning any student who violates the Code of Conduct.