South Bay Chinese School (SBCS) 南灣中文學校 is governed by the South Bay Chinese Culture Association (SBCCA) 南灣中華文教協會理事會. It is a non-profit school in the Los Angeles South Bay area that has been serving the community since 1971. It dedicates itself to providing a nurturing and stimulating environment for students to learn the Chinese language while striving to instill an awareness of Chinese heritage, and provide bridging programs to introduce Chinese culture to the community in an effort to build understanding of all cultures.
The classes include Traditional Mandarin Chinese with phonetics (Zhuyin), Simplified Mandarin Chinese with Pinyin, Cantonese classes, Adult Mandarin Conversational Class, Pre-K Mommy & Me storytelling class.
South Bay Chinese School also offers adult education courses such as Tai Chi.
South Bay Chinese Culture Association is a non-profit, non-sectarian and non-political organization committed to serve the South Bay residents by teaching and promoting the richness of Chinese culture, language and arts.
South Bay Chinese Culture Association has set the goal to become South Bay’s leading non-profit organization, dedicated to promote the understanding of Chinese culture within the community.
The South Bay Chinese School expects its students to display respect for themselves, for the School and for others. Any of the following offenses will result in disciplinary action or immediate expulsion:
1. Disrespectful behavior towards the staff, students, or others.
2. Malicious physical or verbal abuse, including, but not limited to , hitting, tripping, shoving, fighting, swearing, name-calling, and unacceptable language, towards other students or members of the School.
3. Dishonesty, including plagiarism, cheating, or lying.
4. Possession, use, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, alcohol, or tobacco on campus or at School sponsored activities.
5. Stealing or destruction of School or personal properties.
6. Violation of personal privacy or possessions, such as other’s backpacks or personal effects.
7. Sexual harassment or harassment in any form.
8. Reckless driving or illegal parking on campus.
9. Absence from school without notification or leaving campus during the school day without permission from the staff or the School.
10. Littering, eating, drinking beverages or chewing gum without teacher’s permission in the classrooms.
11. Bringing the following items to school: items of high value (jewelry, cash, etc.), firearms, symbols of violence, knives, explosives, toy guns, or electronic toys or games.
Disciplinary actions include any or all of the following:
1. Warning, advice, or counseling will be given by the staff or the School administrators.
2. A written notice will be sent to the parents.
3. If any of the above-referenced offenses is determined by the School to be a serious violation, it may result in immediate suspension or expulsion.
4. The School reserves the right to suspend or expel without warning any student who violates the Code of Conduct.
1. Students are to follow school rules, and arrive on time at 9:00am. Only registered students or students with a visitor’s pass are allowed in class. Parents, please be careful not to make loud noise in the hallways that may disturb the classes. During midterm and final examinations, only students –no parents- should be in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation.
2. Each Teaching Assistant (TA) or a room parent will help with maintaining order in and outside of the classroom, and with classroom duties.
3. Classroom is to be left in the same condition as it is given to us. Do not move or tamper with landlord’s property.